Mar 22, 2009

Never leave the house without pickle juice....

My sister in-law gave me a bottle of this at my baby shower and I soon learned that this stuff is like liquid gold!! We never go anywhere without it. It’s called Colic-Ease and you can only find it online. . It’s made up of dill weed seed oil (hence the smell and taste of pickle juice ;) ), caraway seed oil, cinnamon bark oil, clover bud oil, and cardamom seed oil. It’s all natural and calms Clover down the second it touches her mouth...as though she knows relief is near :)

At first I had trouble trying to spoon feed it to her so I went to PCC and bought a couple of empty tincture bottles. I keep one in my diaper bag and one at home. I measured out that 4 dropper fulls equals 1/2 teaspoons, which is the dosage for newborns.

I give it to her for every feeding as a precautionary and in between feedings as needed. If I'm nursing her I just give it to her at the beginning and if we feed her a bottle we just mix it right in! This is a MUST HAVE for all new parents!

0 comments: