Mar 2, 2009

Smooth as a baby's bottom

As you can see the Chickpea (or Besan) Flour worked great! Clover's skin cleared up within days and looks so smooth and beautiful. I washed her face with the paste twice a day for 3 or 4 days and it was totally gone. I stopped doing it after that and noticed it starting to creep back up on us so I started it up again. Now I just wash her with it during baths which we give her about every other day and that seems to keep it away!

This was a little tricky and annoying at first and I tried to find a way to make it more efficient so I didn't give up on it since it works so well. First I made a big batch of it and put it in a jar to keep up with her bath things. Well, that didn't work because it started to rise and smell like yeast, haha, I should have know this as flour and water are used as a starter for homemade breads.
So, now I keep the flour in a small tupperware by the tub with a little dish. Each bath I just pour a bit of the flour into the dish with a few drops of water and mix it with my fingers to spread on Clovers face...kind of like a mask. When I'm done I rinse it out and it's ready for her next bath! The consistency, in my experience, doesn't seem to be all that important. Over time you'll learn what works for you. I tend to like it a little thicker. When it's too runny it's hard to keep it from running down into her eyes and mouth while applying it.

You should be able to buy this at any grocery store, but if you have a local Indian market I would suggest checking there. I purchased ours at a local Indian market called Mayuri and it was only $2.99 for a huge bag of it. Can't beat that!

0 comments: